Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Historical Sew Monthly 2017 # 1 Firsts & Lasts: Chemise

Historical Sew Monthly is a monthly historical sewing challenge. In this challenge historical is 1938 and before. Go to the Dreamstress  for more information.

The different challenges are
  1.  January: Firsts & Lasts
  2. Febuary: Re-make, Re-use, Re-fashion
  3. March: The Great Outdoors
  4. April: Circles, Squares, and Rectangles
  5. May: Literature
  6. June: Metallics
  7. July: Fashion Plate
  8. August: Ridiculous 
  9. September: Seen Onscreen
  10. October: Out of your comfort zone
  11. November: HSF Inspiration
  12. December: Go Wild
I will probably do 1, 4, 5, 3, 2, 7, & 10, I will probably do it in this order too.


Today I am going to do #1 Firsts & Lasts

Last week you found out I finished my chemise. I have also finished my drawers and I am about to start my corset.



It was very simple to make up.


Chemise


The Challenge: Firsts & Lasts 

Material: 100% Cotton Muslin

Pattern: My own pattern based of the Fashions of the Gilde Age Vol. 1. I believe it was the chemise with small sleeves. I just didn't add sleeves.

Year: 1883, but I'm going to use it for 1850s - 1860s day dresses

Notions: Thread

How historically acurate is it?: 95%, they did have sewing machines, correct fabric, but, I did use ployester thread.

Hours to complete: I wasn't counting

First worn: When I first tried it on.

Total Cost: I don't know the total cost. I bought the thread a few years ago. The fabric I used for it I have enough left to make my corset and caged crinoline.



No comments:

Post a Comment