Sunday, July 16, 2017

What I have been working on this week

Monday I adjusted my corset so the bust fits better.

Tuesday we really got to work I hand sewed my sleeves of my dress and my mom helped me finish my hoopskirt. My dad also help me cut out the rungs.

Wednesday I finished my Bodice.

Thursday I adjusted my hairnet. Created pockets off of original ones, cut 4 rungs out, created a bum pad, and almost finished my skirt.

Friday I finished my dress.😀

My hoop has gone wonky

Saturday I had an event and broke the button off my drawers. So I fixed that too.  I also got a really bad sunburn on my back. I'm in a Confederate group and we brought home a prisoner.
Confederate soliders marching through
Sunday we headed back to GCV&M again. Saturday and Sunday they had 2 battles. The first battle was on the field and the Union won. The second battle was a town maneuver set in the village. This battle actually happened in Tennessee. Along with soilder casualities there were Civilian too. The Union tried to storm the town, but, we preserved and won the battle😀. Except on Sunday Confederates won the first battle and lost the second. And I got an even worse sunburn.


What I want to get done in the next to weeks.
Week 1
  • Buy another stay and fabric (Sun)
  • Clean my room (Mon & Tues)
  • Make my room into a sewing room (Tues)
  • Sunbonnet (Wed)
  • bind my corset, adjusting my chemise, and add bows to my Hairnet (Thurs - Sat)
Week 2 
  • Adjust my Hoopskirt and Dress (Sun & Mon)
  • 2 sets of Drawers ( waistband a tad longer on these) (Tues)
  • 2 sets of an adjusted chemise  (Wed & Thurs)
  • Apron (if I have time) (Fri, morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment