Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Feburary Updates and Plans


I actually would like to make another dress like this.
If JoAnns still has the fabric I saw for it on sale, I might by some.
I started this year off with wanting to make so many historical garments and blog posts. Just for the first 3 months I had 13 posts plan and 14+ projects. But, for me that isn't reallistic, with work, school, and trying to be a functional member of society I just can't do it. Fabric is expensive and my plans for weekends get put off for other people. But, end of January I had a historical sewing kick, then I got sick and lost my seam ripper. When i went back to school from being sick, I had tons of work I had to do. As reading blogposts my historical sewing kick turned into a modern sewing kick. I originally created this blog to make more modern garments, I have only posted one so far and that was made the april before I posted it. This dress was ok, I wore it alot, but the upper chest would beome itchy while wearing it nad it eventually got to small for my chest.

Simplicity 4721 View C
I got to thinking about dress my mom made for me in the past the ones I remembered, were made years ago. When I was about 4 my mom made my sister and I matching purple butterfly dresses. About when I was 6 or 7 my mom made me a pink butterfly dress that I wore for several years, that I stopped wearing when I could not get the dress over my butt (it had already been to small for me by this point for a while I just refused to stop wearing it). At the same time my mom made my sister a dress, the only thing different about it and the pattern is there is supposed to be lace around the neckline.
Simplicity 3902 view C
At same time we got the pattrens for my pink butterfly dress and my sister's dress we got a pattern for a skirt and coat ensemble. I got one made from a darker pink fabric with yellow and black butterflies. My sister got one from a pretty blue cotton with a green and purple pattern in it..

Simplicity 4669 View C & D
A couple years later, I begged my mom to make me a dress from a white cotton with little apple on it. She made me one. It was really hot to wear in the summer, so I had only worn it once, by the time the weather got cold enough to wear it, it was to small.
Simplicity 4721 view A
Last summer I bought myself some patterns that I planned on using. At the store on Sunday McCall Patterns were on sale and I picked up two patterns. I also picked up thread, zipers and fabric. So now I have 2 dresses planned to make this weekend out of McCalls M7714.


I also been thinking about doing a missionary trip this summer through Adventures in Missions. Which I plan on making my clothes for. I also have plans for some historical acessories but not many unless I can get to a few places. I have a week break coming up and I plan to get stockings and main under garments done. This I plan to get done on the 19th and 20th. Then I have material to make guinea pig cage liners, so the rest of the 20th I plan to figure out what I need to do, I also need to get coroplast and a small kitty litter box. The 21st, 23rd, and 24th I plan to make them. I will try to get this all done the 21st though.

But this weekend I plan to make 2 dresses and 2 aprons. The aprons shouldn't take me very long probably an hour each, the dresses on the other hand will take me longer, probably 2 hours for the first dress, and 1.5 hours for the second.

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment