Thursday, July 27, 2017

How I clean my garments

I clean my laundry a very special way, to prevent shrinking in the waist.

My chemise, drawers, petticoat, and stockings (when I get them):
Are washed in warm water on the deep water wash cycle with 1/8 to 1/2 of a cup of white vinegar (depending on smell and how big of a load) and soap nuts (soap berries). I get my soap nuts from and the vinegar is store brand.

Then dried on  Regular Timed Dry for 40 minutes. If still wet I put them on fluff-no heat Time Dried setting for 20 minutes intill dry. Or when we get a clothesline I will dry them out in the sun in the summer. I use Seventh Generation scent free dryer sheets.


For my cotton dress and purple cotton? (I think it is Cotton) shawl, I do the same thing as I do for my chemise, drawers, petticoats, and stockings.

For my gloves, bum pad, and corset I use a spray that I made of water and essential oils. I spray it on the bum pad and corset. For the corset I then Pat it down with a Kleenex. I then hang up my corset and bum pad. I then spray the Kleenex lightly with the spray and pat my gloves down
Spray

Pink gloves

Bone Gloves

Bum pad

Hanging the Bum pad to dry

Hanging the corset to dry
For my orange and brown plaid sunbonnett. I will not put it in the washer machine because it bleeds terribly even on cold.


Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment