Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Knitting?

Knitting

I have been wanting to knit for a long time. I started watching Yarngasam Podcast on YouTube. If you are not familiar with the Yarngasam Podcast, the host Kristen talks about what she has been knitting, crocheting, spinning, sewing, has bought, and what she has been doing in each episode.


A few weeks ago my cousin gave birth to a darling little girl. After watching Kristen's Podcast I figured why not knit the baby a Tweed Baby Blanket by Jared Flood. I'm going for the large version. The original pattern calls for 6 skiens of 140 yards of Color A, 2 of Color B, and 1 of color C. The yarn I'm planning to use is 218 yards, Which means I will have plenty of yarn leftover. For all 3 colors I want to use Knit Picks Brava Worsted Yarn (I originally wanted to use Knit Picks Swish Yarn, but the skiens of yarn are smaller)

Also, why not tackle some doilies? My grandma has made hundreds of doilies. I found a pattern called Dawnglow by Draiguna.com. I figure I can make this out of Knit Picks Curio. They have a sample of 20 full size balls each in a different color so you can figure out what you like best. My grandma can't crochet with dark colors any more, so the balls that are to dark will go to be used for this.

Crocheting

I have started a Granny Stripe Blanket. Just to use up leftover yarn.


Sewing

I have been looking at patterns to make school clothes. Also, I found a 1967 child dresses pattern in my basement. If I wanted to I could always make up the largest size.

Books

I have been reading Feed it is awful. I have to read it for school though.

TV Shows

I have been watching criminal minds and reruns of Hawaii 5-O on Netflix

Makeup/Hair Care/ Body Care

I have been using the new Beautycounter Hair Collections. I also ordered the limited edition Ocean Breeze Palette. I get my products from Jen.

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment