Sunday, July 23, 2017

1860s Blue & Tan Checked Cotton Working Dress

Well I have really like working on this, It went together really well. It is made of a Blue & Tan checked cotton homespun from Jo Anns. And made from The Sewing Academy Girl's Dresses Pattern. I choose the Natural Waist Bodice, Short loose sleeves, and a Lined Bodice. I aslo chose to pleat my skirt instead of gather.

The bodice went together really well and I mostly hand sewed it.


I then hemmed the sleeve
Then gathered the sleeves



And finished the skirt the same way I did the petticoat attached the Bodice and skirt to the outer waistband



What it is: A 1863 styled dress

Challenge: None

Material: Cotton check of blue and tan

Pattern: Elizabeth Clark (The Sewing Academy) Girls Dress pattern. Natural Waist, Short Loose sleeves, and a bateau neckline, I also added 2 darts.

Year: 1863

Notions: Thread, hook and eyes

Hours to complete: I don't know

First Worn: 7/15/17 for an event


Total Cost: Fabric or lining I don't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment