Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Corset

I got my corset done on April 21st ,but, I'm finally are doing it know. I am semi happy of how it came out. But, it is comfortable. And I think I would have been happier if I got it done in one day. If I wouldn't have procrastinated on the Drawers I think I could had made most of it on Wendesday April 19th than I could have done a finished Thursday and start my hoopskirt. But, I did get over half way done that Wednesday.


It was really fun to make. The bust is bit big but that is okay. I messed up with sewing the casings, that is the only reason I am upset with it.






What it is: A corset

Material: 100% Cotton Muslin, 5 yds of 100% Cotton Lacing

Pattern: Simplicity 2890

Year: 1860

Notions: Thread, Cotton Twill Tape, Eyelets, White Steel Stays, Spiral Steel Bones, 12" Busk

How historically accurate is it?: I'm noy really sure, I did use some cotton tread.

Hours to complete: 4 hours on Wednesday, 1 hour on Thursday, of an on on Friday, but, I got it done by 2;30

First worn: To try it on

Total Cost: Bones & Busk $29.84, Eyelet Plier Kit $13.50, Eyelets $2.75, Thread $1, Fabric was Stash, Awl $ 8, Cotton Twill Tape $6.49, Tinsnips for cuttin one of the bones $10.66, the lacing is $5. The total came to about $77.24.


No comments:

Post a Comment